Callum Turner’s dad missed son’s wedding to Dua Lipa to attend another celebrity marriage
As someone who’s currently planning a wedding, I can tell you that sorting the guest list is hard.
Every time you think you’ve got it sorted, there’s always some uncle, cousin or a friend of a friend who comes out of the woodwork to ruin your carefully arranged seating plan by asking for a plus one.
And don’t get me started on people dropping out at the last minute.
Still, judging by Callum Turner’s wedding to Dua Lipa, it seems I’m not the only person grappling with guests.
It’s been reported that Callum’s dad, Laurence Cole, didn’t attend his son’s Sicilian wedding.
Instead, he went to the wedding of Spandau Ballet drummer John Keeble’s daughter, Jamie Rae Keeble, in north London.
‘Laurence and Callum have been estranged over the years, but it was nonetheless strange that he was at a wedding on the same day his son got married,’ a source told The Sun.
‘Laurence kept a low profile, but some people questioned the fact that he was at a wedding on the same day his son was marrying Dua.’
Callum, 36, has made no secret of the ‘loose’ relationship he had with his father – who emigrated to Australia soon after his birth – growing up.
‘The thing I always found interesting in my childhood was, yeah, I was growing up on an estate, single mum, working-class, but then I also had all these colourful characters around,’ he told The Evening Standard. ‘It wasn’t about navigating two worlds. There were three, four, five more.’
Meanwhile, in a separate interview with The Hollywood Reporter: ‘I didn’t understand the relationship between the son and the father. It was completely alien to me.’
In recent years, however, Callum has built more of a relationship with his dad.
Last Christmas, Callum was seen enjoying a family dinner with Laurence along with his younger half-siblings, Louis and Clemmie.
The Sun reports that Laurence is in regular contact with his son, and is reportedly ‘unashamedly proud’ of his boy.
Thankfully, while Callum’s dad might not have been in attendance, the Bond wannabe still had plenty of familial support.
Both Clemmie and Louis were spotted at the wedding along with his mum, Rose.
Metro has approached Callum Turner for comment.
from Metro https://ift.tt/SXJH1zl
No comments